Weber Knapp Blog Motion Control Engineering, Manufacturing Resources, and Articles
- Labor Shortages: Why Office Ergonomics Has Never Been More Importantby Weber Knapp on September 23, 2022 at 4:00 am
4 Reasons Why Office Ergonomics is Important A healthier staff More productive workers Fewer workplace injuries/fewer workers’ compensation claims Boosted employee satisfaction and morale The Great Resignation has forever changed the workplace. It doesn’t matter if you’re hiring for an office environment, a healthcare setting, or a manufacturing floor, many employers are facing labor shortages. In fact, more than 40 percent of the workforce is weighing employment options. Keeping employees happy and healthy may be more important than ever.
- The Ultimate Work From Home Ergonomics Checklistby Weber Knapp on September 15, 2022 at 4:00 am
Keep this work from home ergonomics checklist in mind when transitioning into remote working: Workspace mobility Work/home distinction Good posture and comfort Ergonomic opportunities
- Improving Employee Health and Safety for Sitting at Workby Weber Knapp on August 24, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Is standing at work healthier than sitting? Yes, but even employees with a sit-stand desk don’t want to be on their feet all day.
- 9 Medical Ergonomic Improvements Ideas For Your Facilityby Weber Knapp on August 23, 2022 at 2:15 pm
The benefits of integrating ergonomically designed furniture and equipment are well documented and include a wide range of health, safety, and comfort benefits. In medical environments, ergonomics are especially important because of the multitude of people they can impact -- and we’re not just talking about patients.
- Read Up: The Benefits of Book Lift Mechanismsby Weber Knapp on August 19, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Books can be timeless -- until they’re in tatters.
- Finding a Supplier for Ergonomics Office Furnitureby Weber Knapp on July 18, 2022 at 7:00 pm
So you’ve read up on the benefits of ergonomic office products. You’ve heard rave reviews about the top ergonomic office chairs, ergonomic computer solutions (i.e. advanced keyboard mechanisms and adjustable monitor arms), and desktop components for training desks.
- Sit-Stand Desk Purchasing: Consider the Ergonomicsby Weber Knapp on July 15, 2022 at 2:05 pm
An eight-hour workday can make staying alert and fully focused a challenge for even the most invested employees. Standing desk ergonomics can go a long way toward improving focus over the course of the workday. It also puts you in a better mood, since your body releases endorphins while standing.
- Motion Control and What It Means to Hinge Designby Weber Knapp on July 14, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Motion and perceived quality are closely linked. When a lid, cover, or door moves smoothly with just the “right” amount of effort, users can tell it's a high quality product.
- Ergonomic Desk Setup: Best Location for the Computer Screenby Weber Knapp on July 14, 2022 at 6:45 pm
When it comes to ergonomics and computer screens, it’s all in how you look at them. One thing is beyond dispute: If you want an ergonomic desk set up at the office or in a university setting, there’s definitely a right way and a wrong way to do it.
- How to Address and Avoid Ergonomic Issues in the Workspaceby Weber Knapp on June 27, 2022 at 7:20 pm
Ergonomics is a recognized factor in employee health, productivity and workplace safety. Facilities that do not budget for and pay attention to ergonomics see employees with repetitive stress injuries, distracted from their work, and less than thrilled to be there.