Weber Knapp Blog Motion Control Engineering, Manufacturing Resources, and Articles
- What Is A Hidden Hinge On A Refrigerator?by Weber Knapp on January 4, 2022 at 5:30 pm
A quick look at a few higher-end refrigerators will show you how prevalent hidden hinges are in top-tier appliances. As the name suggests, these hinges are invisible to the casual glance and therefore create a more seamless look in the kitchen.
- Prioritizing Ergonomic Office Accessories & Productsby Weber Knapp on December 1, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Office ergonomics is all about productivity, both for the workers and the managers trying to maximize staff ROI. Reducing stress and strain by using ergonomic office products helps employees stay focused and perform better and more efficiently. It also improves their mood, reducing tension and conflict.
- 3 Examples of Bad Ergonomic Design in the Workplaceby Weber Knapp on November 22, 2021 at 3:32 pm
As more companies and industries realize the benefits of implementing ergonomic equipment, more and more equipment claims to be “ergonomically” designed. And since ergonomic equipment is beneficial everywhere from the grocery store to the construction site, it’s important (and ever-more challenging to weed out the posers.
- 3 Effects of Poor Ergonomic Equipment in the Workplaceby Weber Knapp on November 22, 2021 at 3:31 pm
- The Best Position for a Keyboard For Correct Office Ergonomicsby Weber Knapp on November 12, 2021 at 8:45 pm
If your office or classroom is spending a good portion of its day sitting at a desk and working on a computer, you probably already know how important it is to promote correct office ergonomics. A healthy work lifestyle reduces back, neck, and eye strain, as well as the risk of desk job-related injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Ergonomic Assessment for Manufacturing and Shop Floor Safetyby Weber Knapp on October 28, 2021 at 8:15 pm
From chronic back pain to carpal tunnel syndrome, we've all seen how much damage bad ergonomics can do. Bad ergonomics, in short, are bad for business.
- Components of an Ergonomic Workstationby Weber Knapp on October 20, 2021 at 6:33 pm
We’ve all heard of the nightmare situations that improper ergonomics and training can bring to the workplace -- whether it’s chronic pain for your workers, short staffing, or even costly workers comp claims, bad ergonomics can be a big hindrance to any business, regardless of industry.
- Importance of Ergonomics in the Construction Industryby Weber Knapp on October 20, 2021 at 4:12 pm
When most people hear “ergonomics,” they think of office workers in cubicles. But ergonomics – designing or modifying the working environment for the worker’s health and comfort – is crucial to the construction industry, too.
- Office Furniture and Workplace Posture and Ergonomicsby Weber Knapp on September 24, 2021 at 2:34 pm
The importance of office furniture in terms of workplace posture and ergonomics is becoming more apparent than ever.
- Ergonomic Essentials in Hub-and-Spoke Modelby Weber Knapp on August 31, 2021 at 2:21 pm
In the height of pandemic-related restrictions and work-from-home requirements ended, employees got used to the flexibility of working from home or on the road. Now, many businesses are considering the hub-and-spoke model to allow for multiple satellite offices to suit their employee’s needs.