Weber Knapp Blog Motion Control Engineering, Manufacturing Resources, and Articles
- 5 Immediate Benefits of Ergonomics in the Medical Fieldby Weber Knapp on February 19, 2023 at 1:30 pm
When most people think of workplace ergonomics, they think of the office worker who sits 8 hours a day in front of a computer.
- 6 Signs Your Ergonomic Accessories Manufacturer Is Causing You Painby Weber Knapp on January 3, 2023 at 5:33 pm
Some of the tell-tale signs your ergonomic accessories manufacturer is underperforming: Overpriced products Noncompliant products Poor material quality Long lead times Poor customer service Customer poaching
- [5 Tips] Elevating Office Ergonomics with Height Adjustable Desksby Weber Knapp on December 12, 2022 at 4:54 pm
The results are in on ergonomic height adjustable desks – they’re better for employees and better for businesses.
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Hinges: Time to Upgrade From a Standard Hinge?by Weber Knapp on November 14, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Engineers and designers often ponder over what type of hinges to use on their products.
- Hotel Furniture Design | 5 Trends Sticking Around Post-COVIDby Weber Knapp on October 25, 2022 at 2:24 pm
The post-COVID-19 traveler wants flexibility. To keep up, hotel furniture design is trending toward multifunctional spaces and furniture. Gone are the days when a room or piece of furniture was used for a single purpose. Hotel rooms have become personal gyms. Hotel lobbies are meeting spaces. Even beds transform into a workstation. After the hard hits the hospitality industry took during the pandemic, hotels that thrive post-pandemic will be those that creatively evolve with changing health concerns and guest priorities.
- Custom Hinge Solutions for Seven Applicationsby Weber Knapp on October 5, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Industries That Benefit From Custom Hinge Solutions While most industries could benefit from custom hinge solutions, these seven are prime candidates: (click to jump to the section) Food service manufacturing Hospitality Ergonomic furniture manufacturing Automobile & boat manufacturing Industrial Medical Ceramics manufacturing Product improvement and differentiation should be a priority for anyone involved with an ongoing project. One of the best ways to do that? Do something the other guys don’t have the know-how or big-picture vision to do.
- VIDEOS: Motion Control Engineering Solutions for Complex Hinge Designby Weber Knapp on October 4, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Today “motion control” implies automation, robotics, and electronics. But you’d be amazed at what you can achieve when you combine old-fashioned mechanical engineering with a creativity-minded manufacturer.
- The Ergonomic Furniture Your Office Needs for Happy, Healthy Workersby Weber Knapp on October 3, 2022 at 1:16 pm
What’s an uncomfortable employee like?
- Labor Shortages: Why Office Ergonomics Has Never Been More Importantby Weber Knapp on September 23, 2022 at 4:00 am
4 Reasons Why Office Ergonomics is Important A healthier staff More productive workers Fewer workplace injuries/fewer workers’ compensation claims Boosted employee satisfaction and morale The Great Resignation has forever changed the workplace. It doesn’t matter if you’re hiring for an office environment, a healthcare setting, or a manufacturing floor, many employers are facing labor shortages. In fact, more than 40 percent of the workforce is weighing employment options. Keeping employees happy and healthy may be more important than ever.
- Ergonomic Office Solutions for More ‘Mobility’ at Workby Weber Knapp on September 21, 2022 at 3:45 pm
With the entire millennial generation now in the workforce, the modern office is changing. “Wellness” and “mobility” have new meanings. Workers’ expectations are evolving, especially in light of the increased remote work movement after the COVID-19 pandemic.