Weber Knapp Blog Motion Control Engineering, Manufacturing Resources, and Articles
- Learn OSHA's Ergonomic Guidelines to Create a Healthy Workplaceby Weber Knapp on June 16, 2022 at 4:54 pm
We’ve probably all experienced a stiff neck or a sore back from sitting all day, and it’s no fun. With proper ergonomics, however, such ailments can often be alleviated. Good ergonomics in the workplace, will enhance employee comfort and increase productivity. Ergonomics is essentially the science of adapting a job or position to specifically fit the worker - and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has taken on a leading role in helping promote and advocate for such environments. In this post, we'll take a closer look at OSHA's ergonomics guidelines for a healthy workplace:
- Mouse Design and Positioning Can Reduce Pain and Injuryby Weber Knapp on June 15, 2022 at 4:57 pm
Staff efficiency is improved when priority is given to ergonomics. For example, investing in an ergonomic keyboard means a typist can improve speed, cut back on mistakes and spend more time typing and less on breaks.
- Heavy-duty gas spring hinge and mechanical spring hinge usesby Weber Knapp on May 19, 2022 at 3:00 pm
The user experience for a product with a heavy lid or cover can range from awkward to annoying to downright dangerous. Picture holding an industrial toolbox lid in place while reaching in one-handed, maybe twisting your back in the process. Or what if it comes down suddenly when your arm or fingers are in the way? The bruises won't be pretty, and the damage might be much worse. This is why many designers add gas spring lid supports to their lid design. Others lean toward using counterbalance spring mechanisms or other mechanical spring solutions.
- Lift Assists Can Be Important in Both Restaurants and Medical Settingsby Weber Knapp on May 11, 2022 at 6:07 pm
As a kid, you might have marveled at the flip-up bar countertop at your parents’ favorite restaurant. But a lot has changed since then, and bar lift gates have improved significantly.
- 22 Innovative Ergonomic Solutions for 2022by Weber Knapp on May 6, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Today’s work environment is changing, and innovative ergonomic solutions are important to remember no matter where your workspace is located.
- Restaurant/Bar Countertop Hinges | What Are They & How Do They Work?by Weber Knapp on May 2, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Lift assists for bar and countertop openings are essential features in modern taverns, kitchens, and restaurants. Beyond just looking cool, they have many functional purposes.
- Mechanical Spring Designs and their Usesby Weber Knapp on April 25, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Why bother with chemistry and electronics when you can get great performance from sturdy, reliable mechanical motion control?
- Maximizing Efficiency & Safety with Retail Store Ergonomicsby Weber Knapp on April 21, 2022 at 3:23 pm
While it might not seem like ergonomics has a place in the retail setting, you’d be surprised. No matter the industry, investing in your workers’ ergonomic comfort can improve your workplace. When your employees are operating in a safe, comfortable environment with the proper ergonomic accessories and practices in play, you can increase ROI and avoid expensive insurance claims.
- The Importance of ANSI/BIFMA-Compliant Furnitureby Weber Knapp on April 15, 2022 at 2:00 pm
You wouldn’t want to work in a building that’s not fire-safe, would you? Leaving your toaster strudel in the microwave too long becomes a big hazard.
- Hinge Solutions for Industrial Applicationsby Weber Knapp on April 14, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Product improvement and differentiation should be a priority for anyone involved with an ongoing project. What is one of the best ways to do that? Do something the other guys don’t have the know-how or big-picture vision to do.